Date: 6 Thursdays, Sept 14 – Oct 19, 2017
Time: 1:00-3:15pm OR 6:15-8:30pm
Location: Althea Center for Engaged Spirituality
Your Investment: $125
Perhaps no one has done more for the aging than Zalman Schachter-Shalomi. He proposes that aging is not a gradual diminishment and disengagement of personal power, but a process of self-development and spiritual deepening. Join Rev. Jody Stevenson in an in-depth exploration into this model of transforming “older” into “elder” and “age-ing” into “sage-ing”.
Even as we age there can be newness, grace, meaningful relationships, chosen family, growth, learning, and adventure!
The 5 goals of this class are:
• To awaken to a vision of spiritual eldering
• To deepen the understanding of aging and elderhood
• To engage in the homework of spiritual eldering
• To witness the transformation from older to elder
• To live in harmony with the natural world
“With an increased life span and the psychotechnologies to expand the mind’s frontiers, the spiritual elder heralds the next phase of human and global development. “ -Zalman Schachter-Shalomi